Monday, August 25, 2008

Visiting John's Family

It was nice getting to visit with John's family. Other than his mom, most of the people there I had never met before. It was an interesting experience cause John is the only LDS person in his family, so the whole weekend was full of swearing and smoking and drinking. Not usually thinks my kids are exposed to. But my kids seemed unfazed by it and had a blast hanging out with all their new found family members. Amelia had a blast with her cousin Anastazja, who is 3 months older than her. She and her mom used to live with us a couple years ago when we lived in Patterson. Anastazja and Ameliaa fought over Grandma Carol the whole weekend. Since Anastazja lives right by Carol, she sees her all time so she wasn't to thrilled with having to share her with someone else. I think their favorite relative of all was John's cousin Nathan, or Nate. Amelia called him " My Nate". He looks kinda scary if you don't know him, big burly dude covered in tattoos, but he is the biggest teddy bear you ever met. Such a sweetheart, probably my favorite relative of John's. A lot of the people there John hadn't seen in 14 years! I can't imaging not seeing my family for that long, but now that we all got to see each other and enjoy time together I think we will keep in touch a lot better than that. It may have been a lot different than spending time with my family, but the house was full of laughter and love. The 2 universal languages of family.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pictured Below:
1 - John, Amelia and I with his mom (Carol).
2 - All the cousins with Cousin Nate.
3 - The Men: Nathan, Billy and John.
4 - Carol with my kids and their cousin Anastazja (John's sister Sarah's daughter).
5 - Amelia and Anastazja laughing it up.





No comments: