Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Girl

Well tonight I got to go to the Martina McBride concert at the USANA Amphitheatre. John won tickets by texting over 100,000 times. No I am not kidding. If it can be won by texting, we will win. (That's how we won the Rascal Flatts tickets back in March) Anyway, we originally had lawn seats (ie: the back 40) that would have been forever away from the stage, but John sweet talked the event worker that was policing the stairs to the area right off the stage, and she let us sit in the handicapped area. This was great for 2 reasons: it was slightly above the area in front of the stage, so it had a great view, and the handicapped seats are only 2 to a section, so we had way more room to sprawl out. There were 2 openers at the concert. The first one was Chris Young, who I hadn't heard of but was really good. The second one was Jeff Ingram, who I had heard of and was also really good. But of course, the star of the show was Martina. She is amazing. We had the opportunity to see her in concert last summer, when we lived in Cali, with a good friend of mine, Cheryl and her husband. Martina is such a great performer and an awesome singer. I was excited to see her perform again, and I was not disappointed. We rocked out and sang along to all her songs and had a great time!! Here are some pics I took:




No comments: