Monday, August 18, 2008

Gone

John just called to say that Gma Edna passed away at about 10:50 pm (9:50 AZ time) tonight. He is helping to make arrangements and after he gets home tomorrow night we will head out this weekend for the funeral Sat. I am a little nervous about taking the kids to a funeral. If there is a open casket, there is no way the kids are going in there. I think that would traumatize them and I don't want that to be their last memory of her. I think it would freak them out.
It is a little frustrating that the kids will have to miss a day or 2 of school, but at least it is the first week so you know they aren't really learning anything. I just said that we have to come home Sunday, cause Brooklyn is not going to miss her first day of kindergarten. I guess I better go cause I have 2 days to get everything together, plus we are having Tyler's b-day party that we rescheduled Wed. night.

No comments: