Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekly Update

Ok, so it has been a little while, so I thought I would bring you up to date.
Today is great. Why you might ask? Because today is my husband's first day of work in Utah. After living here for 10 months, my husband actually has a job in the same state we live in. Even better, his hours are really early so he will get home when the kids get home from school. No more commuting between here and Cali. No more 9 days there and 5 days home, and only seeing each other 10 days a month. He got a job at a new surgery center that they are building about 30 min. south of us. Yay! Same state and a close commute! The center won't be done til October, but they are starting him now so he can help get everything ready like setting up all the OR's and such. I think that he is glad to be back to work, and I am glad to have him back to work. No offense, but husbands and wives spending 24 hours a day together for 7 months while your husband is just sitting around until you want to strangle him. Sorry, but that is just too much togetherness for me. After spending all that time together with him and the kids, I am more than ready for work and school to commence. So I am spending the day cleaning my house spotless (almost there) and doing every load of laundry in the house (not even close), so I can get done the rest of the things I need done this week, such as:
- buy new backpacks for anyone that needs one
- go to school and find out kids teachers
- new shoes for Hailey
- get stuff together for Tyler's birthday on Sat.
- get some grocery shopping done
- schedule vocal session since teacher gets back from vacay this Wednesday.
- see what Robyn is doing for my b-i-l for his birthday Wednesday.
- probably a lot of other things I haven't thought of that will hit me at the last minute and make me want to pull my hair out!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last week wasn't anything extremely exciting. Other than getting my temple recommend and hanging out with my friend Christina, I don't think I did anything. Well, til Friday. Then the fun began. Or it did for my kids anyway. John found out that the rec center near us (which has an awesome pool complete with fountains, crazy slides, a play structure and a lazy river in it) has a free trial week where you can try it out before signing up. So Friday we went swimming, and no surprise here, the kids had the time of their lives. I on the other hand was not as thrilled. Mainly for one reason, which would be wearing a bathing suit outside my house (or bathroom for that matter). But I did it anyway, because I have children and I am not going to let them miss out on anything cause I'm lame. So then they decided that they wanted to go back Saturday. We ended up being there for 5 hours. Once again the kids had the time of their life. Once again I wished I was invisible, but sucked it up for the sake of said kids. I was less thrilled about Saturday because there were WAAAAY more people there than 7pm on Friday. At least our trial is only good til Friday. So I am assuming that we will be heading back a few more times this week, since this weekend is Tyler's 10th b-day, church and then first day of school. Well for everyone except Brooklyn, cause kindergarten starts a week late so they can use that first week for testing. So I have 4 more days of everyone, and then it is back to the grind of life.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I better get back to laundry and stuff. I am hoping to make it over to the kids school today. They want to see if they have the same teachers as their friends from primary. I sure love that about Utah. I love that all their friends from primary go to the same school and will be in their classes. I never had that growing up. Our ward was split among 3 or 4 elementary schools, and my siblings and I were pretty much the only ones from out ward at our school.

No comments: