Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Happenings

Well, not a whole lot went on today. We went to church. We came home for a couple hours, then I headed back to the chapel for choir. The music it's self was easy, but they have me singing 1st soprano (which I haven't sung since high school) so that was somewhat of a challenge, but I am up for it and it is nice to sing something different for a change.
Then I went home and had a couple hours to hurry and get dinner before I had to be back at the chapel at 7 for a Relief Society leadership meeting. I had to go since I am on the Enrichment Board (TOTALLY excited about that!!!). We had fun visiting and planning out the upcoming activities for the next couple months. I was also excited to find out that my new friend Christina is my Visiting Teaching companion. Yay! We just meet this last week and totally hit it off. I told her, "See? It was meant to be for us to be friends. We just managed to do it before we got the list." Judy said that she had assigned the partners and routes a couple weeks ago, so it was before we even knew each other. We had awesome talks by Judy (the RS Pres.) and the Bishop. I really enjoyed it. The perfect ending to the evening? Cookies from Smart Cookie. They are sugar cookies with really thick frosting that are to die for! Possibly the best cookies on the face of the earth!!! I wanted to eat all of them, but restrained myself to one. (My personal trainer should be so impressed with me now!) I am totally going to get some for my family to try cause they were sooo good!! If you are in Utah, go to American Fork or Provo and eat one. If you aren't in Utah, sorry. You are REALLY missing out!!!!

No comments: