Saturday, August 2, 2008

Down on the Farm

Well, today was fun. I didn't take any pics, cause my camera needs to be emptied from all the AI and Martina pics. We took the kids over to my ex's parents house. Sandy called me in the morning to tell me that one of her goats had a baby last night, cause she knew we would want to come over and see him. So we headed over this afternoon to see him. The baby goat was the cutest thing ever! I wanted to take him home, but of course John wouldn't agree to that - especially since we don't have a fenced yard yet. The kids were excited to get to go gather eggs and visit the chickens. They also jumped on the trampoline and we put the soaker hose underneath it on high. They had fun splashing around and getting drenched to the bone. Then they changed into some of grandma's t-shirts and I stuck their stuff in the dryer. After playing inside for a while, we took them outside and let them go horseback riding. Well, they only got to ride on the property surrounding the house (they have 14 acres total) cause they don't know what they are doing and I didn't want anything to happen to them. They got to take turns riding Buddy, who is a good first time rider horse. They had a blast and were really impressed with themselves. Amelia wasn't sure at first that she wanted to and took some coaxing, but once she got a taste of it, we had to pry her off the saddle. John also got to ride for a while. He had been on a horse once, a long time ago, but it was in a pen and I told him that doesn't count as actual riding. I didn't ride this time. I figured I have ridden tons of times, and I wanted to make sure that the kids got enough time. Plus I was wearing my Havaianas. Not exactly riding wear. Then it was home for dinner and bed. The kids passed out, which was no surprise since they totally wore themselves out at grandma and grandpa's house. They talked about it non stop on the way home and I am sure we will be going back soon. :)

No comments: