Monday, August 4, 2008

Family Night Out

Tonight we had a totally fun family night. First we enjoyed cookies at home from Smart Cookie. I told you I was going to go get some for my family to try. They are on the expensive side, so they will not become a regular treat around here ($10 for 8 cookies), but they were sooo good and I thought it would be nice to have something we hadn't had before to kick off our FHE. We haven't ever managed to have FHE more than a couple times since we have been married, and I would like to change that. I like the idea of our family learning together and doing something fun and bonding as a family. So tonight we went and saw this:


Horton Hears A Who was a big hit. It was funny and the entire family enjoyed it. What made it even more enjoyable (for me and John anyway) was the fact that it was at the dollar theatre. Not only that, but on Mondays movies at the dollar theatre are 50 cents for family night. So our entire family went to the movies for $4! Yay! They are only going to continue doing that til September, so I have a feeling we will be going frequently til then. It is not often that we can afford to all go to movie. Anyway, the kids had a blast and it was nice to spend the time together as a family. I am looking forward to many more Monday nights to come.

No comments: