Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

It is official. I now have 4 kids in school. (Brooklyn doesn't start kindergarten til next Monday). Tyler is in 5th grade, Hailey and Austin are in 3rd grade (diff. classes - yay) and Camren is in 1st grade. So of course I was lame, and totally forgot to take pics of the kids on their first day of school. I will make up for it by taking some cute pics of them and posting them on here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I took them to their first day, as is tradition. I like to see them off and kiss them goodbye. I also take them for the first week because I want to make sure that they know where they are going so when they start taking the bus, they can get to their class. They were excited to go, but Camren was the most excited since he now gets to eat lunch at school. I guess that is exciting. I just hope he can manage to not wear his lunch at school, since that is something he still has yet to accomplish at home. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I picked them up they were all full of excitement over their new classes/teachers/friends. I remember the first day of school when I was younger. Being excited about all the new school stuff ( I still love buying school supplies, and usually manage to get some for me too. lol) being excited to see my friends that I hadn't gotten to see during the summer. Talking to everyone about what they had done all summer. Running around the playground at recess and swinging on the swings or hanging out and talking in the field. I hope my kids enjoy this year and get a lot out of it. I hope they make great childhood friends. I am still friends with some of my grade school friends, including one that I have known since I was 5 and went to school with in Mesa. I hope they learn amazing things they never knew, and go on awesome field trips, and excel at their classes like they did last year. Most of all I hope they continue to grow to be fun, smart, amazing people like they are now and that I will be able to do a good job guiding them as they become the people they are going to be. After all, I'm not raising kids, I'm raising future adults.

No comments: