Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Random Stuff

I am totally bored and I should be folding about 30 loads of laundry (totally NOT exaggerating!) and taking my kids to the school to find out their teachers. Hey, taking a shower and getting dressed would be progress at this point. So of course I thought I would get on the computer instead. Since I am a world class procrastinator, I have a hard time doing things I am actually supposed to be doing (which doesn't work out that well with 6 kids. Calling Captain Obvious!)
I have been thinking about all the stuff that I really need to do this week, but then I thought it would be more fun to blog about what I wish I was doing this week. Cause it is always more fun to think about the stuff you would like to be doing instead of the lame boring things you need to do. So here is what I WISH I was doing this week:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Singing at a sold out concert featuring ME as the headlining artist.
I know I am nervous performing in front of people. It's not that I don't think I sound good, it is the whole everyone staring at you thing. Kinda hard to avoid if you want to sing as a profession. However, in my head I have the whole concert down. I just need to figure out a way to transfer that to my body when I'm actually performing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Having contractors finish my basement and landscape my yard.
This is one thing I hate about Utah houses. In order to give you the size house you want, at the price you want, they sell it to you with only 2 finished floors. What is up with that? Maybe I want to use all 3! We started finishing it ourselves (before my husband's really lame breaking of his hand. Which was so incredibly lame that we won't go into all the details and from now on it will just be referred to as "The Hand Incident".) and now have 2 bedrooms with walls. Walls that need to be sanded the rest of the way, textured, and painted. Did I mention that they also need carpet? It is sitting in the garage. Where it will probably continue to live. For the rest of the year. Yeah. Also, what is up with my house not coming with landscaping. I am not talking backyard. I mean front and back, nothing but the weeds God gave us cause he felt sorry for us and all the dirt. So I guess it looks like I have plants. Sort of. I have sunflowers. I would love to have the yard done so I could put up the kids swing set and tell the kids "Go outside and don't come in til dinner!". Hey, a girl can dream, right?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Have a secret passage built to a secret room in the attic.
No this is not for the children. This would be for me. That way when I want to escape my children 'cause they are wanting me to do things like, say, cook dinner, I can just sneak up there and hide while I listen to them wandering through the house calling "Mom? Mom, where are you? I give up. Let's just go make peanut butter sandwiches." Mission accomplished.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Have a soda fountain in the kitchen that dispenses Diet Coke.
I have already brought this idea to the attention of my husband. Several times. It went something like this:
Me: Honey, I think we should put a Diet Coke dispenser in the kitchen. Kinda like a beer tap at a bar, but with Diet Coke.
Husband: Yeah right. (keep in mind he drinks just as much Diet Coke as I do)
Me: No, I'm serious. I have thought about it and I think it would be a great thing to add to the kitchen. We could put it by the sink.
Husband: I don't see that happening.
Me: What about if I finally get signed and we make lots of money.
Husband: Well, that's another story. Talk to me then.
So now the pressure is on. Cause I am totally getting that dispenser!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, now that I got a little day dreaming in, I guess I can move on to the things I really need to do today. Like that shower. And heading over to the kids school. But I have enlisted my slaves - ahem - children, in folding the laundry. After all, I don't wear their clothes. And I washed them. So I think that's totally fair, right?

No comments: