Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Where's the Dang Cord?

Well dang it. I was supposed to be putting pics of our awesome progress on the basement right now. Instead I am sitting here annoyed for 2 reasons:
1. The cord to the camera is at my other house, so I can't get any pictures off my camera 'til tomorrow (or should I say today?) when we go out there again.
2. The card on my camera is full and I can't take any more pictures until I unload them onto the computer. Which I can't do because of problem #1.

Arrrgghh!! How did the cord get to the other house? I didn't take it there. Maybe John took it, thinking he would load the pics onto the laptop at the other house? I should have downloaded them onto the desk top because the laptop is totally crapping out! As in, when you turn it on, you have to turn it upside down and slam the bottom of it to get the screen to come on. Nice. Anyway, hopefully I will get this matter resolved tomorrow afternoon. Because photography is one of my favorite things to do. And if I don't constantly take pictures of my kids, I will shrivel up and die. You think I am kidding. You just better hope I get the cord tomorrow, or you will find out it's the truth. My ex husband used to joke that if we put all the pictures of Hailey in order and flipped through them, you could litterally watch her entire life like she was living it right in front of you. Ok, so I'm a little obsessed. I just figure it is better to take all the pictures I can now. I don't have to scrapbook every one I take (glad I finally came to terms with that little compulsion) but if you don't take it, once it's gone it's gone and you can't get the moment back.

In other news, I did absolutely nothing today. Ok, maybe that is not the exact truth. I did the laundry and cleaned the kitchen and of course, hung out with my kids. I also watched American Idol and the series finale of Reaper. What I meant to say is, I did nothing related to my move today. It was nice to take a little break. I did however make a list of the few things I still need to do, so I could FEEL like I did something without actually having to do it. :) I feel ok about that since we are going to the house tomorrow and I know that I will have to work my butt off so that I can get everything done before the kids get out of school tomorrow.

Speaking of that I better get to bed. It is after 1am and I am still sitting here online. Don't think that it is because I am obsessed with being online or anything. I am a total night owl, which is a total disaster when you have kids that have to be up at 7:30 am and you are up til 2. Yeah I have tried everything I can think of, with the exception of sleep aids. My husband uses those since he is in pain from his neck injury and I think that one of us should be un-medicated in case there should be an emergency. So I guess I will go and stare at the ceiling and think about what I have to do tomorrow until I bore myself to sleep. :)

No comments: