Thursday, May 22, 2008

Say What?

On Tuesday:
Brooklyn: When grandma was babysitting us while you were at the new house, she gave us celery with peanut butter on it!
Me: Oh yeah? (I hate celery and peanut butter - together or not.) Did you like it?
Brooklyn: (LOUDLY) Oh yeah! It was soooo good I wanted to pull my hair out!
I don't know where she comes up with this stuff! It cracks me up. It reminds me of when Hailey was about 3 and I said something to her and she turns to me and says "I'm gonna cut you like a salad carrot!" What a freak! I can guarantee you she didn't ever hear that from me!


The funniest thing about Brooklyn and the celery? My mom said she didn't even eat any of it! She is such a wierdo sometimes. I can't get enough of it!


Then there's Amelia. On May 16th my baby brother Justin got married.
Me: Amelia, Justin got married today.
Amelia: Oooh! That's nice.
I just thought it was so funny. Not a comment you would expect from a 2 year old. Totally cracked me up!

Here's another one, this time from Austin when I had Robyn's baby shower:

Austin: How long is mom going to be at the baby bath?

John: The what?

Austin: The baby bath.
John: What's a baby bath? Do you think they are going to give Henry a bath while he is still in Robyn's tummy?
Austin: Um . . . no?
John: It's called a baby shower.
Right. That cleared it up. I am sure that he just thought we were going to shower Henry in utero instead. Nice.

That same day driving on I-80 by the airport:

Austin: Wow! Look at all those planes flying! It's like it's airplane day or something!



Yeah I never claimed to be raising rocket scientists. There's a reason for that.

No comments: