Thursday, May 29, 2008

School, Internet and More

Well it has been a while since my last post, so I better get on it. Today is the 3 older kids last day of school. The kindergarten got out yesterday. They are excited to be out. They are especially excited because every year on the last day of school, I go to their classes early and take pictures of them with their teachers and their friends and in their classrooms. I have done this since Hailey and Austin started kindergarten and they all love it. I love it too cause it is nice to have pictures of them in their scrapbooks with their teacher and all their little friends.

I know I have been lame about writing, but it's so hard to get on here when I'm moving, especially since we don't have Internet at the new house. I don't even know if I am going to. The area we are moving to is so new they only have dial up and satellite connections. I didn't even know satellite Internet existed. Unfortunately it is waaaaaaay more expensive than regular Internet. So I may have to do what I have done the last couple times. Hook up to someone's unsecured internet connection and deal with having the slowest connection on earth. Which I don't want to do, cause I'm pretty sure it's even slower than dial up! Grrrrr!

On an positive note, I had an awesome Memorial Day weekend. Other than the fact that we were supposed to do a picnic at the park with my family and it rained. It was ok though. Since my new house is so big and can hold everyone, I had everyone over to my house. I had my parents, Robyn and Joe with Henry, Jacob and Natalie, my Aunt Jeanie, my cousin Aaron and his wife Marissa and their baby Mila. Plus my wild monkeys. It was so fun! I LOVED seeing everyone! I hadn't seen Jeanie and Aaron since Dec. of '04, right before John and I got married in Jan. so they hadn't met John or the boys and Amelia. It was so nice to sit and talk for hours and hours. I will get on here tonight and post a bunch of pics. :)

I also got some work on my basement done this weekend. My scrapbook room is coming along nicely. I have the ceiling and one and a half walls drywalled. I can't wait to get that done and the playroom done. Since John goes back to the dr. on June 6th, I am going to try and get them done before then since he will be going back to work after that.

Ok. I have lots more I want to say, but I have to quit being a slacker and get to packing. We are moving the rest of the stuff today and I still have stuff that I need to box up and get ready. That is the problem with having 3 weeks and living in 2 houses at the same time. You keep going back and forth, but you still need stuff at the old house cause the kids still have school.

No comments: