Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stressed!

Well I didn't get all the moving done I thought I would. It was still raining, so we couldn't use the trailer. When we got to the house, we got the playroom air vent put in and the closet framed and put up all the insulation. So now we just need to put a vent in my scrapbooking room and we will be ready for - DRYWALL! I am so excited about that! (except for the part where I have to help carry it down the stairs. I am still going to try and convince John to see if he can get one of the neighborhood men to help with that.) Then we had to leave and come back for my appointment with the bishop. We all had to leave, cause John didn't want to take 2 cars. So since we didn't get done all that we wanted to get done, we are going to go tomorrow while the kids are in school. My neighbor has a daughter in Camren's kindergarten class, so he is going to walk home with her and stay at their house til the big kids get out. That way we can go to the new house after dropping the kids off at school and stay til the big kids get out. Hopefully I will be able to sheetrock at least one room during that time. The vent takes just a minute, so then we will have the whole rest of the 5 hours to do nothing but drywall the rooms. Yay!

Then, I didn't get the cord to the camera. Not only that, but I took the camera with me and now I forgot it at the house too! I swear I am losing my brain! I told John I can never have any more kids because at the rate I am losing brain cells with each child, I will have to be committed to an institution if I had one more!!

In other news, on Friday we find out if John's doctor is going to send him back to work now. He only extends his disability for 2 weeks at a time, and then reevaluates him. Well he goes in Friday, and there is the possibility that he could say that he could return to work on modified duty. Which would really suck. Not that I don't want him to go back to work, or that we couldn't use the money since disability doesn't pay anything. But he would have to be back at work this Sunday (the hospitals start their work week on Sundays) and then he would be gone for 9 days and then home for 5 as usual. Except that we are supposed to move that following Thursday, and I would be left home with 6 kids by myself. How am I supposed to move everything and get it to the new house?? Grrr! John is going to see if his doctor will continue it for 2 more weeks. I really hope that he does. I don't want to have to do this move by myself! This is really stressing me out. He would find out on Friday, and then have to leave Saturday so he could be back in CA at work on Sunday. So I will just continue to pray that he gets 2 more weeks and that I don't have to deal with that.Or he can just get the job in Park City and not ever have to go back. I don't think that is going to happen before Sunday though. He talked to the lady today and they are still trying to get things together. He is pretty sure he got the job, but it takes a while with medical jobs to get the ball rolling and actually complete the hiring process. Very trying on my patience. It is a long commute from our house, about an hour and 15 min. and that is probably with no traffic, but it isn't any worse than when we were living in Patterson and he was working in Berkeley and Oakland. He used to sleep at the hospital because his commute was so far we couldn't afford it and he wouldn't have time to get enough sleep if he came home. So a little over an hour, I can handle that. Especially since the alternative is him working in CA for 9 days, and then 5 days here which equals out to him being home about 10 or so days a month. Yeah that is fun with 6 kids - not! So I guess I will just have to wait and see. Patience is sooo not a virtue I posess! Good thing I only have to wait a couple days! :)

No comments: