Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Weekend

I would have posted earlier, but we stayed at our new house over the weekend to work on the 2 rooms in the basement. (Well we did go home to shower and go to church, but then right back.) We got them both framed and wired. We just need to do the closet in one, and we are ready to throw up the sheet rock. Well maybe throw is not the best word. Have you ever had to carry sheetrock? It is HEAVY!! I told John when he wants to carry the pieces downstairs, maybe he can get one of our manly neighbors to help him. I know I am a weenie, but it is really hard to carry and there is a lot of it!

I took lots of pics to post on here, but I don't know where the cord to the camera is, so as soon as my husband gets back from the chiropractor I will have him find it and get them on here.

In other news, I got the kids registered at their new school for next year. Oh my heck did that take forever! You think of the 5 million papers that you have to fill out to register a child for school, then multiply that by 5. Nevermind the extra pages I had to fill out because Brooklyn is starting kindergarten and apparently they need twice as many papers filled out for that! Needless to say I was there for over an hour. The kids are very excited and the school is SO nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the school is almost brand new and all indoors (Can I just tell you how much I love that about Utah schools?)

So now we are getting down to the end of the move. 9 days til we officially get all of our stuff out of here. But we will still be at the new house in the evenings and on the weekends, moving stuff we don't need here and working on the basement. We should have both rooms finished (except for the flooring, which is going to cost about as much as finishing the 2 rooms - Yikes!) by the time we move in. :) Yay! We will hopefully get the sheetrock up tomorrow. I don't know yet if we are going out there tonight, but we are for sure cause tomorrow is early day and the kids get out 2 hours early, at 1:10. That means we will have way more of the day to work.

Anyway, I have to go do all the cleaning and laundry that I haven't been able to do while I've been at the other house. :)

No comments: