Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm Finally an Aunt!!

So Robyn and Joe had their baby on Monday morning, the 12th. They came to my house for dinner Sunday night (Mother's Day) to spend time with my family and my mom, who is staying at my house while my dad is out of the country in Uruguay helping Justin get married (that is a whole other posting, so I will get to that another time). Anyway, everything was fine and they left kinda late. Well I guess she got home and went to bed and got to sleep for about 45 min. before she woke up because her water broke. So my mom came in and woke me up at like 12:30am and told me. I went back to sleep, cause it would be a while, and had nightmares about the doctor not being there and me having to deliver him. LOL! My mom came back at 5:30am and said that she was at an 8 and that we were going to go down to AF Hospital where she was having him. So I peeled myself out of bed and we went down. We got there around 7:20am and he was born at 9:42am. It was so exciting to get to see him, and I was the first non-parent to get to hold him. His name is Henry Joseph. He was 8 lbs. 1 oz. and 19.5 in. He has lots of blonde hair that I am sure it is going to turn white blonde like my daughters. I told Henry now that we are going to be living so close, we are going to be spending lots of time together and I am going to babysit him so Robyn and Joe can leave the house. :) I am glad to be moving near them (see previous post) so Robyn and I can hang out. In August when Brooklyn starts school, it will just be me and Amelia at home. So I am hoping that the 4 of us will get to hang out together a lot. It is amazing. I have always loved my friends kids, especially Emilys. She is my best friend and they are like my family. But there is something different when it's your sister's baby. I never knew that I could love someone else's baby the same as I love mine. I love Henry so much, as much as I love my own kids. I asked Robyn about this (since she has been an aunt to my kids for 8+ years now) and she said that when I had my kids she loved them so much, she didn't know what it would be like to have her own because she loved mine like they were hers. It's totally true. It is amazing that you can have enough love for all of them.

No comments: