Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Part 2 - The Party

Tonight we had our party. The kids had a blast. I made mummy hot dogs and radish eyeballs. I made eyeballs with powdered sugar donuts too, but I don't know what happened to that picture. Em and I took the kids trick or treating up and down my street. It started sprinkling so we didn't want to be out too long. Plus I live on a long street and know all my neighbors (they're all in my ward but 2) and the last time I took my kids trick or treating for a long time they ended up with over 10 lbs. of candy. I didn't want that again, because you know who really eats it. LOL! Robyn and Joe came while we were out and Robyn came and found us. Henry was the cutest little pea pod ever, but I didn't get any pics, because when we got back to the house Robyn changed him and then he didn't put it back on. I will get some from her though.
****
After that, we came back to the house and the kids had treats and I rented the new Tinkerbell movie that had just come out. After everyone was home, we headed over to my friend Christina's house so the kids could go trick or treating there. The kids were excited because she was handing out big sheets of stickers, which they love. After that we were supposed to go to my ex-in laws so they could see the kids, but it was so late that I called and we agreed that I will take them tomorrow instead. I'm glad I did, because within 30 seconds of calling, Brooklyn totally puked in my truck. Seems while everyone was visiting and not paying attention, she ate almost all her Halloween candy. Nice. Luckily we were at the end of our street. We pulled into the driveway and I grabbed her out of the truck. She stood at the edge of our yard and puked what looked like a fountain of chocolate. Talk about curing my craving for Halloween candy! I showered her (in her Sleeping Beauty dress) and then sent all the kids to bed. I could have lived without that part of the evening.
****
It was fun to hang out and visit. This was the first year that I have done anything for Halloween, because it's not my favorite holiday. However, Em and I decided that we will have to do this again next year (assuming we're still here) and I totally agree. I think I had as much fun as the kids did.


No comments: