Friday, October 3, 2008

Girls Night Out! or Holy Crap What Did You Just Hit With The Boat?!

Today (or I guess it is yesterday now) is my friend Christina's birthday, so we decided to have girls night out to dinner and the movies. She has 8 year old twins, so she gets out about as much as I do (never) so we were excited at the prospect of cruising around town with no kids. Then John asked if we wanted to go out on the boat, cause I had mentioned that Christina really wanted to go on the boat sometime. So we decided to go out and do some fishing. Unfortunately we were headed over to a good spot, when there was this awful noise and we knew we had hit something. John looked in the back and it had hit the propeller and screwed it up. We had only been on the water maybe 10 min, but we had to go back. We were too nervous about staying in the boat, and we wanted to pull it out and see the damage. I told him we probably hit a car (a real possibility out on Utah Lake). He was like yeah right. We pulled the boat out and saw that the whole propeller was mangled. It looked like someone had chewed the edges of it and it was all crumpled and has chunks missing out of it. Well after that, we decided to head home. We were in separate cars, so I dropped Christina and her kids off at home, with plans to go out later, and headed home to deal with the kids. I knew how upset John must be, so I just wanted to deal with them and keep them away from them. I didn't want them to be in the way and him to get mad and blow up at them. While John had a neighbor come over and look at the boat, I dealt with the kids. Luckily, it was 7:30, so I had them fed, ready for bed, and in bed in an hour or less. Yes, everyone should be totally impressed with that. Once I was convinced they would stay in their beds and behave, I went and checked with John. He said that Trent told him it probably was a car that he had hit. We looked closer at the propeller (after he had taken it off) and there were streaks of gold metallic paint on it. He said that there are dumb people who try to drive their cars out on the frozen lake. That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard! John said, go ahead and go. There's nothing you can do here. So I went to Christina's. We left her 18 year old daughter in charge, and headed out. We went to Chili's for dinner (got the fajita trio, which was wonderful!) and then headed out to the theatre. We saw Eagle Eye. It was really good. Lots of suspense and really stressful, my favorite kind of movie. On the way home, it started pouring rain, so we just sat in the driveway and talked. I had a lot of fun and I'm glad we got to go! I'm sad about the boat though. I hope propellers aren't really expensive.

No comments: