Monday, November 10, 2008

No I Didn't Die

but I've been so tired lately, I feel like I'm about to keel over. I need to start going to bed earlier! Between 12 and 2 am doesn't work so well when you have to get up at 7. It is so hard because I am totally a night person.
****
I have been babysitting Barrett (2 yrs.) and Carter (2 mo.) for a couple weeks now. My kids are really enjoying having them around and Amelia is liking having someone to play with while all the other kids are at school. I am looking forward to having some spending money, to get some things we need around here but haven't had the money for.
****
I got my piano tuned on the 4th. I have had it for 3 years and hadn't had it done, but according to the guy that did the tuning, it had been probably 30 years since it had been tuned. It sounds so much better now. It is still about 10 cents off, but he said I should wait til spring to have him raise the pitch again, because if you do too much at once you can break strings and things. He also fixed my keys that were sticking. So I am back to practicing every day and working on my playing. It has probably been a year since I have REALLY played, because of the tone and sticking keys. It is really hard to play songs without the F above Middle C.
****
On the 7th, the kids' school had family skate night at Classic in Sandy. We went and had a blast. The kids hadn't skated before, so it was pretty entertaining to watch them. Out of all of them Amelia did the best. LOL! The next best would probably be Tyler. He was able to stay on his feet most of the time. Hailey and Austin had the hardest time because of their feet size. The skates that go over your shoes were too small to wear with their shoes, so they tried wearing them with socks, which hurt their feet. They tried the regular skates, but couldn't manage to stay up on them. So I don't think they had as much fun as they could have. Brooklyn and Camren did ok. They fell from time to time, but for the most part shuffled around the rink and waved their arms everywhere singing along to the music. It was pretty funny to watch. They were in their own little world.
John and I are thinking about going to Wal-Mart or Target and getting some kid skates. I figured they could practice in the church parking lot or something 'til they were better.
****
On Saturday we took the kids to see Madagascar 2. It was fun, because we didn't tell the kids we were going. We just had them get ready to leave and told them it was a surprise where we were going. When we got to the theatre, Camren was all "Are we going to see a movie?". Duh. I made the kids stand with me while John got the tickets, so the kids didn't know what they were going to see. Then after we got all settled in our seats, John went for popcorn. I had a purse full of candy that John had got at Smiths, so we enjoyed mini snickers bars, peanut butter cups, and strawberry twizzlers. (Well I didn't enjoy any twizzlers - Yuck!) The kids had a blast and were laughing their heads off. The movie was great. I enjoyed it too.
****
Random:
- Today is early day and I actually remembered. I am feeling pretty impressed with myself.
- It is raining, so I think it may snow later on.
- I feel like screaming because once again Brooklyn can't find her backpack. I mean, how many places could it possibly be? I don't understand how she can lose it all the time. It's not like it is small.
- I really need to go fold about 4 loads of laundry, but I'm having a hard time psyching myself up to it. I'll get to it though, because the baskets are in my room and taking up my side of the room.
- Weight Watchers yogurt is really good. Which is saying something because I don't like yogurt.
- I really can't wait 'til John gets his settlement check and we have money. Yay for HUGE settlement checks! At least there is one good thing that will come out of his injury. It will be nice to do things like get glasses for the 3 big kids, who really need them. Or get more contacts for me 'cause I'm out and I'm tired of wearing my glasses.
- I think I slept about 3 hours last night. I didn't fall asleep til after 2 and then I woke up every hour or half hour. I don' t know why. I am so tired now. Maybe after Brooklyn leaves Amelia and I will take a nap together.

No comments: