Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Pictures and Deets

We had our Thanksgiving today instead of Thursday, so that we could have it with my ex's family. I had Sandy and Dave, and Jessica and Adriaan. My family had Thanksgiving in AZ and we weren't invited, so we wanted to wait so we could have family. On Thursday, we just went out to dinner (Denny's) and a movie (Wall.E at Movies 8 in Provo) and then drove around looking at Christmas lights. It was nice. I am glad we waited. I did all the cooking, because I love cooking if I am having people over. Chris (my ex's other brother) and Great Gma and Gpa Anderson were supposed to come, but Gpa's leg was bothering him and he took some meds that made him loopy and Chris had to take care of him, so we really missed getting to see them. The food was great and so was the company. I really enjoyed just sitting around visiting and watching the kids play with their Aunt and Uncle. Our menu was:
*
Herb Crusted Turkey
Warm Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad
Sage and Walnut Potatoes Au Gratin
Stuffing with Root Vegetables
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Chocolate and Mint Cookies
Maple Sugar Biscuits
Celebration Cake
Pumpkin Pie
*
Everything was great. The potatoes were my favorite of all. I think the kids liked dessert best - big surprise there. I loved having everyone over. Like how my menu looks like an arrow pointing to the pictures? I didn't even do that on purpose, that's how talented I am. Here are some pics. I couldn't get the mosiac site to work. Enjoy!
-
Brooklyn and Hailey being silly with Aunt Jessica.

Camren being cute.

Brooklyn with Grandma Sandy.

Austin being cute.

Hailey with Grandma Sandy.

My fantastic Celebration cake with shredded apple
and carrot and homemade frosting. Mmmmm!

Tyler enjoying my chocolate and mint cookies.

Hailey with Uncle Adriaan.

Brooklyn and Amelia with Grandpa Dave.

All the kids at the kid table.

1 comment:

Denise Wilson said...

Your menu sounds delicious...sounds like you created a beautiful Thanksgiving! And cute kids, as usual! :)