Thursday, November 20, 2008

Somebody Peed My Bed And Demo Drama

What's worse than your child peeing their bed? Said child peeing YOUR bed. Yes, you read that right. I went to bed around 1am last night. Sometime after that, Amelia (age 3) came and got in bed with me. I was ok with that. She does that all the time. She had been dry for several nights now, so I didn't get up and take her potty (which I usually do before I let her get in bed with me) I just snuggled her in. Well a little after 2 I woke up suddenly. I rearranged Amelia, who was not practically on top of me and realized that she was wet. When I went to move her I realized that I was wet too - as in soaked to the skin. Then I got out of the bed and realized that 3/4 of my bed was wet as well. Fab-u-lous. So I woke up John and I changed her clothes, then changed my clothes while my husband stripped the bed. Problem? I don't have a water proof mattress pad on MY bed, because I don't pee the bed. So my mattress was soaked too. So my husband headed downstairs to sleep the rest of the night on the family room couch. I, on the other hand, can't sleep anywhere except a bed. So I wrangled myself into the sliver of bed on John's side that wasn't peed and slept there. After finding a big fat old comforter to lay over my mattress, of course. After a while, I was able to fall asleep, but it was definitely not a restful night of sleep. So now I am in a sleep-deprived coma, self medicating with Diet Coke, trying to finish the laundry (along with all my extra clothes and bedding from last night) and also write the 4-5 songs I need for my demo.
****
Oh yeah, that's right. I thought that I could just do cover songs on my demo. I had worked them and worked them, and had them all ready to go. Well, apparently that's all fine and dandy for handing out to get gigs and such, but if you want to submit it to a producer it has to be original material. So in all my work this week. I have 1 1/2 songs with lyrics and no music, and a melody to one song that has no lyrics. Yay for me. Not. I downloaded Mixcraft and a couple other programs that will hopefully help me out. So far I have done a couple songs on Mixcraft, but nothing actually useable. Not for what I am trying to do anyway. I hope I get through this wall soon, because I had hoped to do the recording next month and my coach books a week and a half in advance. Looks like this may be my first project of the New Year. Grrrr.

No comments: