Monday, November 17, 2008

6 Month Itch

(my house, sans landscaping)

Lately I have been feeling like I want to move again. I know that people will look at me like I just sprouted 2 heads for saying that, considering we moved into this house 6 months ago, but I do. Last spring (before we found this house) we went to Tennessee for spring break. We don't know anyone there, we just went for fun. Cause apparently fun for me is a 30+ hour drive with 6 kids. Hey, at least we had dvd. Anyway, with all the sight-seeing and house looking we did, I really fell in love with the area. I especially fell in love with Spring Hill and the Williamson County area. It is beautiful and close to Nashville and has the best school district in the entire state. The house that we really liked didn't end up working out (they needed someone right away and didn't want to hold it, we needed to wait a couple months 'til the kids were out of school) and so we stayed here. We didn't want to keep wasting money on the house we were renting in Stansbury (because the deal to buy it had fallen through) so we decided to move to the house we are in now. We got a great deal, it's in a fabulous neighborhood with beautiful views that I have posted on here from my porch and bedroom. My ward is great, I have friends here, the school is good. But yet, I am still not happy here. I find myself thinking all the time about Tenn. and how I wanted to move there. I get online to check my email and end up cruising the Nashville housing section on craigslist. I don't know what it is. My family and friends think I am crazy for moving all the time. In the last 10 years since graduating high school (yes, I said 10. ugh.) I have moved 15 times. I am not kidding. Before you freak out, 10 of those moves were within the first 5 years. Ok, I guess that may make you freak out more. Anyway, I guess I am just a wanderer at heart. I haven't found anywhere that I want to stay. I haven't lived anywhere that I just felt like, oh this feels like home to me. Like I could really stay here for a while. I have loved all the houses we have lived in, but after a while I just start feeling like ok, where to next? I feel somewhat bad for my kids because they have gone to a different school every year, but at the same time they are great at adapting and making friends. They have never complained, or said they wished they could stay where they were, or had any problems adjusting to where they were. Well, the boys have had problems in school, (but I don't think that has anything to do with moving. I think I need to have them evaluated for ADHD- Tyler and Austin, and learning disabilities - Camren.). I don't know. we have been talking about Tennessee. With me working on getting my demo together and hoping to get something going there, I don't think that where we live is very conducive to anything happening. I have connections to some people in the music industry in Nashville, but in talking to them they have told me the same thing. You need to come out here if you want your career to go anywhere. After all, Utah is not exactly a country singing mecca or anything. Does that make me selfish? I don't know. I am sure my family would say so, but then again my family criticizes everything I have ever done my entire life, so it's hard to be objective. I think that supposing that things do work out, it would be great for my family. If not, well maybe we would really like it there. Or move again, which is nothing new there. I have several houses that I want to go take a look at next weekend. My kids are off for Thanksgiving, and since I am not welcome to spend the holiday with my family, I am working on convincing John to take us to Tennessee for Thanksgiving. We didn't get a whole lot of sight seeing done when we were there the last time 'cause it rained part of the time and we were mainly looking at houses. So maybe we could go see all the sights and then look at houses on Saturday. I already have the kids on my side. They loved it there when we went before and like the idea that we could get a large enough property there to have animals (aka: horses and chickens). I just have to get John to warm up to the idea of it. (The trip, not moving there). Actually he told me as soon as I get the tracks laid down for my cd, and send it to my producer contact in Nashville, he would be willing to move out there. Kait said it will probably take a couple weeks to get my cd together. He looked online today and actually found a hospital that is very close to several of the houses I like that has several openings that he is qualified for. He is going to call and talk to them about their first assist positions tomorrow. They are a couple hours ahead of us, so hr was closed before he found the listings. So I guess it is just wait and see. In the mean time, I am going to be working on my cd non stop and get that wrapped up asap. I have been putting it off for too long, but I finally have put together a long list of performance ready songs I can record. I am only going to use about 5, but I like to have a lot of choices to narrow down to those 5 so I have been compiling and working nonstop.
****
Ok, since I talk like I type, I better go! More to come. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been very busy... I like to move too..
My husband however doesn't that is why we are still renting.....
He wants to wait for the perfect house...

D and C said...

I think you SHOULD move to Tennesee...then we could be neighbors!!! Why cant you spend the holidays with your family???? you better email me girl!!!
Anyways, my vote is for you to come our way!!!

LOVE YA