Thursday, July 3, 2008

Random Stuff That Has Nothing To Do With Each Other

Ok. So I met with my vocal coach and we picked some tentative songs for me to work on as audition pieces. I want to have one main song, with 2 back ups. I am still not happy with the choice, but it is a song that is a total money song for me. I just was hoping for something with a little more pop, but then again I guess I would need to sing a pop song for that and that is not my forte. Not that I can't do it, just that it is not my vocal style. So I am going to keep searching for something that may jump out to me more, but at least I have something to work on if I don't. I downloaded a bunch of karaoke songs today to add to my library, so we will see if any of them speak to me once I get them on my ipod and work on them.
We had Camren's birthday last night. It was nice. Robyn came over with baby Henry and her niece (on Joe's side) who is 6. The kids had a blast with her this weekend when we were all together for Henry's blessing down in Provo, so they were excited to have her here. Sandy (my ex mother in law whom I LOVE to death) also came. The rest of her family had other stuff they had to be to, so it was just her, but I was really glad she came and so were the kids. Camren enjoyed his cake. He had a Sponge Bob birthday. I loved the cake cause I got chocolate with the cherry filling and the butter cream frosting - a favorite around here. I have lots of pics, but I can't find the cord to my camera. Again. Of course. So I have tons of pics on there of the kids and stuff, but I can't post them on here. So since I don't have anything tomorrow (other than Tyler having scouts, but that is down the street) I will have to tear the house apart looking for the cord. Actually, knowing my special kids, I will be tearing the garage apart. We still have a bunch of stuff in the garage that we haven't unpacked (hey we have only been here a month) and for some reason my kids think that "clean up, we have company coming over" really means "find an empty moving box and throw a bunch of stuff in it and put it in the garage. Um, ok. So now among the boxes that I packed, I have random open boxes with things like coloring books, laundry, pieces of toys, etc. just shoved in the garage. Yipee. I am sure one of them has my cord in it, cause John and I already searched the house. So yay, that is my plan for tomorrow.
One thing I am excited about is that my elliptical is finally in the house. It has been in the garage cause it is going to ideally be in the basement when it is finished. Since that will still be for a while, and I need to use it, we found a home for it in the family room. I don't particularly like it there. I think it looks trashy to have a big piece of work out equipment in your family room (no offense if you have one. that is my opinion in my own house.) but it is better than not being able to use it and it is not permanent. Just til I get the office finished and there is not all this dust down there from sanding. Anyway, I am glad to be able to add that to my workout and then I can not feel guilty when I am watching tv, cause I will be being productive. :)
Speaking of tv, here are the things that I have recording on my dvr on a regular basis: So You Think You Can Dance, America's Best Dance Crew, Nashville Star (my next stop after I don't make it on AI), In Plain Sight, and any Law and Order I might not be home for. Of course. Law and Order is my most favorite show on the planet. I like all versions of it and watch them all. I could give up everything else as long as I can watch that.
Totally random switch of topic here, but I totally have to get off of Diet Coke. I could have named this blog guess how many gallons of coke I drank today, but I decided it wasn't as snappy of a title. I know that it is probably what is contributing to my weight (even though it is diet, there have been studies that say drinking soda will make you eat more and I think they are true). Also, it is bad for my voice. I can't drink it before I sing or it makes me sound like crap. But it is so hard. I swear that stuff is liquid crack. I literally go into withdrawal without it. Today I drank about 64 oz., which doesn't sound too bad, until you realize that I drank that all tonight. In about 2 hours or less. Yeah. So I am a total Diet Coke fiend and I need to get away from it now!! So I have got some different water flavor packets. You know, the crystal light and south beach diet ones, that have the little tube packets of powder and you pour them in your water bottle. So we will see if I can make the switch. The have almost no calories, and the south beach ones have fiber in them and are supposed to stave off hunger so you don't eat between meals. We will see how that works. The crystal light ones are energy ones, which I could always use more of. They do have caffeine in them, but far less than diet coke, so maybe that will help ease the transition.
Ok, so this novel - I mean post - ended up being way longer than I meant it to be. So I will be back tomorrow. Hopefully with a camera cord and pictures!

No comments: