Saturday, June 28, 2008

What the Kids Have Been Up To and A Bunch of Other Junk

I know I haven't said much about the kids lately. They were being so silly on Thursday. Ok, so a favorite game at our house is American Idol. How you play is 3 people are judges (my mom, husband and I) and the kids are the contestants. The kids go up one at a time and it goes something like this"

Judge: So tell us your name and where you are from.

Child: My name is Plankton and I'm from Alaska.

Judge: Ok Plankton. What are you going to be singing for us today?

Child: I'm singing "Oh baby, I really miss you when you're not here"

Judge: Great! Let's hear it!

Child proceeds to rock out and improvise some crazy song we have never heard before. Then we go around and each judge tells them how they did and vote on whether they are going to Hollywood or not. Sometimes I like to be like, that was awful. My dog sings better than that. You should go home and never sing again. Hey, you have to have some variety. Every contestant can't make it through. Then if they made it, they get their ticket to Hollywood (a coloring book page) and run into the living room. When they come back, we are now the family instead of the judges, and we all jump around and scream "Woo-hoo! You're going to Hollywood!". Then we repeat it with the other 5 kids, and keep doing it til they get bored. It is a lot of fun and if you haven't done it before, you should totally give it a try. :)

They really enjoyed having my mom here to play and read with. Hailey cried when she left with my dad last night, even though it was only to go stay with him at the hotel (he just got in yesterday) and we will see them today. I tried to tell her that, but she was devastated that they weren't going to stay at our house. Sorry, but grandma and grandpa don't want to sleep together in the full bed I have in our guest room. It is not big enough for a couple, especially one that has a king size one at home! But they are going to the Lehi rodeo with everyone today, and since it is about 5 minutes from my house I am assuming I will see them over here in the next little while.

I bought the kids new bathing suits yesterday. (Well, not Austin and Camren, cause they already had ones that fit passed down to them). They were totally excited about them and had to put them on and prance around in them. Hailey and Brooklyn cracked me up cause they came running into the family room and had to prance around singing and wiggling their little butts in their bathing suits. They thought they were hot stuff! Amelia wouldn't take hers off. Even when I took it off to change her diaper, she had to have it right back on. Finally she decided she was cold and wanted to put her regular clothes on, only to notice her bathing suit sitting all alone on the couch and decide that she needed to wear it again. Yeah. So it went back in the bag and out of sight.

I went to a new clothing store yesterday. Well, new to me anyway. It is called Justice. It is like Limited Too (my favorite girls clothing store EVER!) but cheaper. Yay for me! They have basically the same type of clothes. The girl who worked there said that they are made at the same place. Kind of like Gap and Old Navy. So I can get basically the same type of clothing that is so cute I can't stand it, but I can get more cause it is half the price. Good thing my husband is not reading this! There is one in AF by Target and he would be horrified to know that I have one so close to our house. I went yesterday while I was out with my mom, so he doesn't know I have been into the store he has been trying desperately to keep me away from. (Insert evil laugh here.) I also found a fun kids toy store over near there called Red Balloon Toys. They have a lot of really cute and educational/ developmental toys. Reminds me of what you would find at the smaller pricey-er toy stores in like, San Ramon or something out in CA. They had a great selection of things, especially their awesome display of all things playmobile. I am a total fan of that stuff. It is durable and encourages a lot of great imaginative play, which a lot of toys these days don't. There are too many toys out now that practically play with themselves for you. How lame is that. There are barbie houses that talk and make all the sounds, along with the barbies with their pre-recorded phrases. All the boy toys make sounds or talk or something, unless they are an action figure. Even the little plastic microphones come with a couple tracks recorded on them. (If you know somewhere that has them without sound, let me know. I want a bunch. That is something my kids are dying to have.) Anyway, I will definitely be going back there. Especially since it is Camren's b-day on Tuesday. I can't believe that he will be 6. But I will save a post about that and him for Tuesday. :)

Well, John is on his way home, so I better get off of here and go fold the laundry and act like I have been doing something. Or maybe pay attention to the kids. I know. I can have them fold it with me, then I can do both. Hee hee! I am so great at coming up with ideas. I know they will love that. Actually, scarily, they will. They love doing any and all cleaning with me. Or without me to impress me. Seriously. It is the only thing I don't have to fight them to get them to do.

EDIT: John got home with the carpet and it is awesome. It is really nice carpet and it is in great condition. There is only one faded area, where it was under a window, but when we cut it down, it is the right size so the entire faded spot will come off. Yay! I can't wait to get it down there and have the rooms done. My family leaves Monday night, so we will have both rooms done by next weekend for sure. We haven't worked on it while my mom has been staying with us cause I wanted to visit while I could.

No comments: