Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rambling On About Nothing or Doesn't She Ever Shut Up?

Yay! A new post 2 days in a row! I might just be getting back into the swing of things. I am finally getting to be a great blogger. Or my husband might be gone getting carpet for the basement and I am just sitting on here being a lame mom and ignoring my kids while they run like escaped mental patients through my house. I'll let you decide.

As I sit here drinking my Slim-Fast, I have 2 shocking revelations to share with you:
1. I totally love chocolate Slim-Fast mixed in my magic bullet (it's a blender - you sicko's) with 7 ice cubes (it has to be 7). It tastes great and is like a milkshake.
2. The High Protein one totally does stave off your hunger for longer than the regular one. I know that it says that, it has extra protein in it or something - blah, blah, blah, but I didn't really believe it. Thought I would try it because it was on sale. Well, lo and behold, it will actually keep me from starving to death until lunch! I say that this is a great discovery. I think that drinking that, coupled with my blogging (you can't type and eat at the same time - at least I have not become that talented yet) I may just have a chance at this weight loss thing I am trying to do.

Next challenge: the gym.
Here is the dilemma I am facing about the gym. I belong to 24 hour fitness. I will never cancel my membership. Why, you might ask? Because after paying like $800 for the first 3 years, I now have to pay - and I am not kidding you - $20 a year. For life. Yep I am serious. For the rest of my life, as long as I don't lapse on my yearly dues, I will have the joy of going to a gym that is open 24 hours a day for $20 a year. Now for the down side. There are no 24 hour fitness locations that are closer than 30 or 40 min. away. Right now I could probably do that, because my husband is still home and I wouldn't have to get a babysitter. (in UT they offer free babysitting, but only for up to 4 kids. yeah that's helpful. what am I supposed to do with the other 2, leave them in the car?) The thing is, do I want to waste driving all the way there, then working out for a couple hours, then driving all the way home and I have just been gone for almost 4 hours! I have 2 possible solutions (though they have yet to be agreed upon by my husband).
They are:
1. Join the Golds Gym in AF. Apparently their month to month membership is only $15. It is a lot closer, and apparently my sister likes it, but I have not checked to see what if any membership fees you have to pay to join along with the monthly fee. I have to check into that.
2. There is an Anytime Fitness about 5 minutes from my house. Closest possible option. Positives - it will be cheaper than anywhere else, because it is so close to my house and with gas prices, cheaper places will lose because they are too far away (like 24 hour). the negative - it is a really small gym. I really like big gyms. They are less boring because there are more people in them, they tend to have more and better amenities, and I am more likely to actually get to use a machine. Since they are the only gym right near my house and they just opened, I worry that they will be so clogged with people that I will never get to do anything. Also, I am still trying to get over there to find out how much they charge. Lame I know, since they are like 2 miles from my house. What I mean is, I am trying to find a time that I can go there ALONE to discuss their pricing.
So that is what I am debating at the moment. I will have to find a way to go check it out when my husband gets back from getting carpet.

So, speaking of carpet. My husband found some really nice carpet on SL craigslist. It is similar to the carpet we had at the old house and in good condition. The had 2 big pieces. One that is 14' x 19' and one that is 17' x 16.5'. So I may end up having carpet in my scrapbook room after all! Maybe I can use the brown cement paint I got in the garage. I really wanted to paint the floor in there (makes it look nicer and cleaner) so I will have to suggest that when hubby gets home.

As for vocal news, I have decided not to take the class, and just focus on individual sessions.Why? Because the class is to help you develop a powerful voice really fast. As much as I like taking group classes, that is not something I need. Because I really don't need a more powerful voice. I could put on a concert without ever touching a mike. Yeah. So I am just going to focus on song choice and stage presence in one on one sessions and hope that it will help enough with my confidence. I have to have 4 or 5 ready to sing a Capella for my vocal coach on Wednesday and then we will pick which one is the best audition piece.

No comments: