Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yeah I Know I Am A Slacker

OK. I have totally been lame about blogging and I totally should be blogging Austin's b-day that was on the 10th, but it is so late and I have to get up early so that will have to wait til tomorrow. The next couple weeks are going to be a little psychotic and I have a lot to do and a lot to catch up on around here.
Here is a little of what I have going on this week:
1. Go to the gym at least 4 times this week and work out every day at home
2. Meet with personal trainer on Tuesday
3. Get a Utah driver's license (yeah I know, I've only been here 9 months)
4. Go to my vocal session Wed. and finalize my audition pieces (1 main, with 2 back-ups)
5. Take Hailey to Achievement Days on Wed.
6. Take Tyler and Austin to scouts on Thurs. (yay! It's Austin's first time!)
7. Practice my audition pieces til I can do them in my sleep
8. Go to the Herriman Splash Pad sometime this week with Robyn, Marissa and Melissa (sister and 2 cousins in law)
9. Beg and bribe Robyn to babysit for me on wristband and audition day the end of this month.
10. Perform at the gig with Kait's band on Sat. night and try not to die since this is my first public performance in almost 4 years.
11. Just keep telling myself if I freak out, it will be in front of a bunch of people I don't know and probably won't see them again. And it definitely won't be broadcast on national TV, unlike upcoming audition. (gulp)
12. Go hyperventilate into a paper bag - OK that is not for this week, I may be doing that one tonight after I finish typing this.
Yeah, and I didn't include in that all the housework, laundry, cooking, parenting, etc. that I have to do all day on top of that.
In other random tangents, my ward was split on Sunday. They took my ward (so huge that each primary class has 2 or 3 classes for each age and 3 nurseries) and a neighboring ward, and made another ward. So now we are the 1st ward. I am excited about that for 2 reasons:
1. The 2nd ward boundaries are so huge that it will be split many times in the years to come and I'm glad I don't have to go through that.
2. Most of the people I know in my ward live on my street and I think ALL of them are still in my ward. I am happy that our ward is set and won't be split again and we can all just settle in and get to know each other. Very happy. I love, love, LOVE the ward I am in and so does my family!!!
Hmmm, what else. I feel like I have to write more to make up for my slackerness (is that a word? well it is now) and make this longer. So what shall we talk about. . . .
I have been working my butt off at the gym - literally. In the last week I have lost 6 lbs. Yay for me! Only 90 to go. Well that is my goal weight anyway. I don't know that I will actually get to that since that will put me at my pre-children weight and it has been 9 years since I have seen that weight. But I am determined to get as close to it as humanly possible. I am excited to meet with my personal trainer tomorrow. I love working out, but I have a hard time getting off my butt to actually do it, so it is nice to have him there to tell me what to do. I have no problem doing it, just getting to the doing part. I have John on my case at home though. Told him since he is home all the time and doesn't have anything to do, it is his job to make sure that I make it to the gym and work out at home every day, no matter what I say. I think he is a little drunk with power now, since he was barking counts at me and telling me not to stop when I was working out earlier, so we shall see how that goes. ;)
OK. I tried to make this longer, but I am lame and I also have to get up in 6 hours. So I better get to bed so my trainer can whip me into shape tomorrow. Yay!

No comments: