Friday, July 18, 2008

My Weekly To Do's

Ok, so I haven't posted for a few days. I am going to try and put dashes between the paragraphs because I can't get this to let me put spaces between them and all my posts end up looking like one huge rambling instead of individual subjects.
Here's what I have been up to:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Going to the gym and working my butt off. It has been working and I have lost weight. That doesn't mean I am enjoying it. Well I enjoy it most of the time (they have a cardio cinema where you can use all the ellipticals and bikes and treadmills while watching a movie, it's just like a movie theatre without the seats) but today I was bored cause John had a doctor appointment so I had to go alone. It is way more boring without someone to talk to.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Worked out with my personal trainer. Actually I worked out with a couple cause they messed up my schedule, but that's ok. I like how if I am bored and don't know what I want to do, I can go up to them and one of them will come work me out for free if they aren't doing anything. All the trainers I have worked with are awesome and I love their manager. She is hilarious and I think we will end up being friends.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Went to my vocal lesson and picked out and worked on my my audition piece and worked on getting ready for Saturday night. Sat. is the gig where I will be singing in front of about 70+ people. It is the first non-church solo I have done in 16 years. Yes, that means I was 12 the last time I did it. It is also my first solo performance in 3 years.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Watched a couple movies with John. We watch a lot of movies cause it is an easy date with 6 kids and you can get all those redbox codes online for free so it is also a free date. Yay! In the last couple weeks we have watched : Jumper, Vantage Point, Drillbit Taylor, Step Up 2 (I am a total sucker for all dance movies!), Once Missed Phone Call.
Tonight my husband rented College Road Trip and Shutter. I am totally horrified that he rented Shutter. I guess he overheard me talking to my mom about it on the phone and thought it was something I wanted to see, so I give him props for trying, but I was telling her how I totally do not want to see it and it looks way to scary and I am a total weenie about scary movies. I am talking watching scrunched up in a ball with my ears plugged, can't hardly go to bed or have the light off weenie. Not. Kidding. So I called the redbox people and told them that he rented it by mistake and they were totally nice and she gave us a new free rental code so that we could go get something else. Yay!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here's what I still have to do this week:
1. Finish laundry.
2.Figure out what I am going to wear tomorrow night.
3. Clean the house cause the weekend is deep cleaning time.
4. Possibly leave the house and do something cause I am going to go crazy sitting in the house all the time.
5. Work on my audition piece (and 2 backups) cause I just found out for the initial audition you only get about 30 seconds. I knew I would have a limited time, but I thought I would have time for a verse and a chorus. Now I have to totally rethink what part of it I am going to do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K I have to go finish dinner since it is after 8. Then it is movie night without kids. Yay!

No comments: