Friday, September 12, 2008

What to Write About or Having All These Kids is Killing My Brain Cells

Well I don't know what to say. I haven't posted lately, because every time I sit down to type, whatever topic I had been thinking about during the day has eluded me by the time I get a chance to sit down here and write about it. I told John that if we have any more kids I will have to be committed because I won't have any brain cells left! I swear I get blonder with every child! But I don't like that it has been a week with no posts, so I will have to think of something.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm......
I could write about the kids. They are doing great and enjoying school. Amelia feels so left out cause she wants to go with the kids so bad. Brooklyn has pm kindergarten, so every day when she gets ready for school, Amelia gets her stuff to try and go with her. She is just dying to ride the bus. Poor thing still has 3 years. She will start kindergarten when Brooklyn is in 3rd grade.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of Amelia, she was really funny yesterday. We were at Wal-Mart picking up a few things and every item we walked past (even stuff that wasn't toys, like say, a car seat or a fall wreath) she would go "Oooh! That's nice. I'm going to get that for my birthday!" All through the store I was cracking up as she said that to everything we passed. Her birthday is coming up on the 20th, and after watching the 3 boys have their birthdays this summer, she is more than ready for her turn for, as she says "My candles, and my cake, and my birthday, and my candles." Apparently candles are an integral part of the birthday, because that seems to be one of the things she is fixated on the most when talking about it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John is doing well at his new job. He has switched from Labor and Delivery to working in the main OR. He likes it because he is learning all sorts of new cases like ortho , and plastics and open heart and stuff. He was really excited to be learning all that, since he has been in L&D for the last 4 years. I really hope that he decides to listen to me and the doctors he works with and go back to school to become a surgeon. He is extremely gifted in surgery and all the Dr.'s he works with say so and I really think that a lot of people could benefit from it. We have talked about it to some extent. He would like to do plastics, and we have talked about if he did, the medical missions we could go on and stuff like that. (Obviously my kids would be a lot older by then, medical school takes a long time - especially if you are specializing in something.) It has taken some adjusting to on my part since I went from him being home all the time to him being at the hospital all the time. His boss approved him to have overtime every day so that he could finish his orientation faster, so he has been staying late every day. I guess the plus to that is that he is getting 20 hours of overtime a week, but it gets kinda boring around here with just the kids to talk to. Not that they are boring, far from it, just that it would be nice to have another adult to talk to during the day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I guess I managed to get a somewhat decent post out after all. I will be back to do one with pics later tonight. For now I have a kindergartner to get off to school, nap time for the other one, and lots of laundry to catch up on. We're going down to St. George tomorrow to look at a boat. The guy is desperate to get rid of it because of money issues, so it's a really good deal, but I'm not too thrilled about it (money wise, not owning a boat wise) but whatever. I just don't like making big ticket purchases. (Although my husband would beg to differ on the basis of my Coach obsession, but that is still significantly less than a boat - and I use it every day.) My husband is obsessed about it since we live 5 minuted from a launch area on Utah Lake and we can see it from our porch every day. I don't know that we will end up bringing it home, but it will be nice to get out and do something fun for the day. We are going to go out on it to try it out, so that will be nice. Anyway, I will be sure to take the camera with me. I think we are going out on Lake Powell, but I'm not sure yet.
Off to the drudgery.....

No comments: