Friday, September 26, 2008

Girls Night In

Tonight the boys are off on their Father/ Son camp out, so we are hanging out having girls night. At first I was going to send the girls to my ex's parents house for an overnight, thinking of all the cleaning and cooking I could get done with an empty house to myself. But then I thought about how since John and I got married, I don't really ever get any one on one time with Hailey and Brooklyn anymore, cause I have all the other kids. So I decided to keep them home. We started out the night runnnig errands. First we had to go to Checker, so I could pick up a portable charger for the boat (hmm, don't know why I would need one of those. . . ) and then headed to Wal-Mart for some grocery shopping. I got a bunch of stuff for freezer meals and some tupperware containers (since when my renter moved out, I think she took most of mine since most of them are missing now). Then we stopped by McDonalds and the Redbox on the way home, so we could enjoy chicken wraps and Hannah Montana in concert. The girls already saw the movie (we saw it in 3D in the theatre) but I knew they would want to see it again, and the boys wouldn't. So, while they sang and danced along to the movie, I was able to make 7 freezer meals. Yay! Plus my kitchen and dining room are open to the family room, so we were still able to all be together. After rocking out to Hannah Montana, the girls crashed at about 11. They were excited that they got to stay up so late. I am ready to crash too. I will be back with an update on the boys' camp out tomorrow.

No comments: