Saturday, September 13, 2008

St. George Trip

Ok, so we headed down to St. George this morning. The drive was beautiful! I love driving down there cause it is so pretty with the red dirt and everything. It took us about 4 hours. We all had a fun time singing along to my ipod in the car and my kids are great travelers.
















We went over to the guy's house to check out the boat, and then decided to take it out on the water. After all, I wouldn't buy a car without test driving it, why would a boat be any different? So we took it over to Quail Creek State Park. The boat came with enough life jackets for the kids (albeit the lame flimsy orange kind) and Josh (the boat guy) and his wife gave Amelia a really cute little sea horse one they had bought for a niece that had never been used. We were only actually on the water for about 20 min. or so. Just enough to try it out and make sure we knew how to get the boat on and off the trailer and all that. The kids had a blast and thought they were so cool out on the boat.
(Pictures: 1. Tyler & Austin getting ready to head out 2. Me & Amelia 3. Pretty view while on the lake 4. Our boat 5. Brooklyn 6. Camren & Brooklyn 7. John driving us around the lake 8. Hailey)
























Then we went back to the guys house where we deliberated and wheeled and dealed until we were satisfied, and then we took the boat home with us. Yes you read that right. I let my husband have the boat. Why? Because I always say no to everything my husband wants because big purchases freak me out. I felt that it's not fair that he usually lets me have whatever I want, but for some reason I don't do the same for him. (Probably cause whatever he wants seems to cost way more than anything I ever want - Suburban and house excluded) So I prayed about it, and I felt that this is something that will bring our family closer together and provide the opportunity for us to get out and spend more time as a family hanging out having fun together. After all, I do live 5 minutes from a boat launch onto Utah Lake. :) Plus we got a great deal cause the guy just needed to get rid of it because of money issues, so we are just taking over his loan. Which means that we got a great price (blue booked it and called some dealers) and we got a great interest rate. He even threw in a pair of childs water skis and a tube and a bunch of other stuff for free. So last night we cleaned out the garage and made a home for it. That way we don't have to pay to store it and we won't have to winterize it because it will be indoors.
The plus side to having a 25 foot boat in the garage? Suddenly my husband is way more motivated to finish the basement so we can get all the stuff that goes down there out of the garage.

1 comment:

D and C said...

That is awesome! Congrats on the purchase. I am so excited for you guys, that should be fun!!!