Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Fair

Today was the fall fair at the kids' school. It is kinda like a boutique. The gym and back parking lot by the portables was full of stuff people had made. There was also food, games and face painting for the kids. The main purpose of the fall fair was to only have one fundraiser. They are hoping to earn enough from it that they won't be doing any more fundraisers for the rest of the year. Like those annoying magazine or wrapping paper sales. I say, yay for that! I have 5 kids that go to that school. When they have a fundraiser (like the coupon books they did at the beginning of the year) my kids don't participate. Why? Because all my neighbors kids go to the same school too, and all the kids at church. So who are my kids supposed to sell to? Family. Right. So when grandma is the only one that wants one, how am I supposed to decide what one kid gets a sale? What one kid gets to turn theirs in and get a prize. So I told my kids this and had them return the packets.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, back to the fair. I was there at 3, setting up for my friend Christina. She had a booth there, but had a meeting she had to be at. So I went to her house, got all her stuff and her 8 year old twins. Then I took them, plus my 6 and went to set it up for her. The kids were excited about this, 'cause we ended up being on the blacktop in the back. Which meant they got to play on the playground while I set up and waited for her to get there. Which was fine with me. I could see them, and they weren't at the table wrecking everything.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After she got there, my husband got there just in time. I say just in time, because some little boy ran head on into Amelia and hit her so hard that she passed out. Well I picked her up and she started doing the weird breathing thing she does (this has happened a couple other times) and started passing out. Right when John walked up to me. So I was patting her face to keep her conscious, and trying to get her to drink some water, which she wouldn't. So I handed her to John. He held her and she cried for a while. Then she saw that the kids were getting tattoos at the face painting booth, and decided she wanted one too. After she was fine, we went and checked out the rest of the booths. They had some cute stuff, but I didn't end up getting anything. It is hard to enjoy looking at things when you have 6 sets of hands grabbing and touching everything. They did have some really cute hairbows, which reminded me that I have the directions on how to make them. So that is something that I am going to try out sometime soon. I could probably save a lot of money making my own hairbows, with all the bows I buy times 3. I will post pics when I get them made. :)

No comments: