Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dressed In White (and a little pink too)

I know that it is pretty unusual for a LDS family to bless their baby in a dress that has pink rosebuds all over it, but this dress is very special to me. It is the dress that I was blessed in. My younger sister Robyn was also blessed in it, and so were all 3 of my older girls and Robyn's daughter. It is really special to me that all 4 of my girls have been able to be blessed in the same dress that I was blessed in. I like creating little traditions like that for my family. Hailey talks about how she is going to bless her daughters in it too, when she has her own family. I think that it's cute that she wants to carry on the tradition.

I thought Avery looked so beautiful in my dress. She is definitely a lot smaller than her sisters were when they were blessed! She was drowning in the dress! That's ok, because I think it's cute. When I first started taking her picture she was sound asleep, which made taking pictures a lot easier. However, a few minutes into my little photo session she woke up and I was able to get some adorable awake pictures too. She is just so cute. This is maybe a tenth of the pictures that I took. I couldn't help myself. At least I will have tons to choose from for her scrapbook!






No comments: