Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Amelia Turns 6!

Today my Gummy turned 6. I can hardly believe that she is already that old! She has been so excited for her birthday, I think she has talked about it nonstop for at least the last month. I didn't post all the pics of everything she got, but I posted pics of the bigger items just to give an idea of the stuff she got.
Once again I tried my hand at birthday cake making. I think I am getting a little better. This time I decided to try out carving a cake, instead of having a flat one, and I carved a domed ladybug cake. It was super messy to make, but I think it turned out cute. She said it was the best cake ever, so that's good enough for me!









I think it's funny that this sleep mask was one of the things she was most excited about. She has wanted one for a long time. I'm not sure why it's so exciting, but it was definitely the cheapest item on her wishlist.

I love Amelia so much. She is so smart, and artistic and silly. I remember when I found out I was pregnant with her, it was such a shock. John and I had only been married a few weeks, and we hadn't even given any thought to having a 6th child. (Although we obviously didn't give any thought to NOT having one). I am so glad that we did, because she is so fun and a wonderful addition to our family. I love to watch her constant thirst for learning and for all things artistic/musical. I hope that she continues to hold onto that love, and I can't wait to see the amazing young lady she grows into. I love you Amelia!

No comments: