Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March Update

Well I have some silence for a minute (as children are busy eating peanut butter, banana and honey sandwiches. Eww, but they like them) so I thought I would get on here since I haven't been on in forever. I have had so much to say, but right now there is SO much going on that I haven't had time to say it. I will post what I have time for and hopefully be back with the rest later.
-
The marriage workshops John and I have been going to for the last 6 weeks have been AWESOME! They guy that teaches them is great and my husband loves him and thinks he's hilarious. We have some one on one time scheduled with him for later in the month. So far we have learned a LOT and things are going great. If you're in Utah, check him out at: www.marriagematters.com.
-
I am no longer babysitting the twins. Their mom was laid off , so they couldn't afford me anymore. I can't say I was sorry for the screaming to leave, but I will miss the money. However I haven't been able to take on any more kids, because of the next item:
-
We're going to be moving. Where to? Who knows. No surprise there I guess. That seems to be what we do. I am a little sad though. I really like my house and friends, and supposedly when we got this house we were here for good. John has people that are interested in him both in California and in Tennessee. John's first choice would be to go back to CA because that's where our families are. I, on the other hand, have absolutely no desire to live there again. With the political climate, and the way the schools are going downhill, I don't see why anyone would move their family there if they didn't have to. It would be nice to be close to my family, but even when I was living a mile away from my parents (right before we moved to UT) they still barely had time to see us any more than when I was living in Patterson, which was over an hour away. The benefits to TN (other than it's beautiful there and I love it) are that John found out that the hospital he works for in SL has their headquarters in Nashville, which means he could transfer instead of applying as an outside applicant. It also means that he would have a lot of hospitals to choose from since out there HCA is like IHC here in UT, meaning it's everywhere. He applied for a transfer as an OR First Assist to a hospital out there, and if he gets it he will make as much as the job he is waiting to hear from in CA (which is almost twice what he's making now) but the cost of living is about the same as here in UT.
So we are sitting and waiting. I feel like we're in limbo. Everyone thinks he's wonderful, but no firm offers yet. Either way we are moving outta here.

1 comment:

Emma said...

i posted my pancake recipe on the
3rd ward cooking class. blog that i am also doing. just for you : )