Monday, August 15, 2011

Amelia's First Day of Kindergarten

I had to do another separate post for Amelia, since today was her first day of school ever. She was so excited she could hardly contain herself all morning! I thought I was going to be all sad dropping her off, but once we got to her class I didn't have time. She was like bye mom and dad, and then flew into her classroom and sat down at her desk, where she immediately began coloring a welcome picture that was waiting for her. No nervousness or hesitation at all. I guess it helps that she will be one of the oldest (if not the oldest) in her class, since the cut off date here is Aug. 31, and her birthday is the end of September. She has been MORE than ready to go, and I felt bad last year that she had to wait, because if we had still been in California she would have gotten to go. However, I am happy that she was so ready to go and not scared. I saw some kids there crying and not wanting their parents to leave, so I'm glad she was just like see ya! I know I totally would have cried if she had even acted like she was a little sad having us leave her there. Instead, I snapped one quick picture of her at her table, and we were on our way.

Super excited to be at school!

No comments: