Thursday, February 5, 2009

Help! Daycare Dilemma

What do you do when you have a child you watch who screams the whole time? That is my current problem. One of the 2 year old boys I watch (the one that has a twin sister) will cry the whole day. I have no problems with his sister, it's just him. He was doing fine the first few weeks, but since about last week he has started standing at the door staring out the windows (I have windows on both sides of my front door, that are skinny and the height of the door) and crying for his dad or mom. Usually his dad. He is transitioning from being home with dad 24/7 to being at my house 2 days a week. I have been watching him and his sister for over a month. I don't know what to do. I have never had a child behave like this, my own or anyone elses. He will literally stand there and cry the ENTIRE time he is here, which is like 7 hours. I have tried distracting him with books, toys, cartoons, food, etc. Nothing works. If anyone (esp. Denise) has any suggestions that would be great. I need the money and don't want to quit watching them, but I really can't take much more of this!

3 comments:

Kim Gudykunst said...

Can you give him Nyquill?!?!

Michele said...

wow, my family is so helpful. lol! um, no. how about some real suggestions?

Brittany and Bud Morrow said...

Just wanted to thank you for the care.com suggestion. I think that is the one place I hadn't found yet. Thanks again! It was really helpful, but now lets just hope someone gets back to me!