Monday, February 2, 2009

All About Me On My Birthday

Since today is my
29th BIRTHDAY
I thought it would be fun to do a list of some random things you may not know about me. I would have added a picture, but I was too lazy. So without further ado:

29 Random Things You May Not Know About Me:

1. I probably drink a 2 litre of Diet Coke a day (yeah, I know. it's my crack. no chastising comments please)
-
2. I have been in several musical productions, including Music Man, Pirates of Penzance, Grease and Phantom of the Opera.
-
3. My favorite foods are sushi and tacos, and I would probably eat them together.
-
4. Sometimes I have to wash a load of laundry several times because I can't manage to remember to take it out of the washing machine.
-
5. I have been asked to sing in Sacrament Meeting and Relief Society, but have been putting it off because it scares me to sing in front of people I know and see all the time.
-
6. I care WAY too much about what other people think and it stops me from doing the things I really want to do. (see #5)
-
7. If I start washing dishes, doing laundry or trying on clothes, I will suddenly, without warning have to pee so bad I feel like my bladder will explode. Every time. Without fail. Don't know what that's about.
-
8. Sometimes I watch Hannah Montana after my kids are in bed. (don't judge me. it's a cute show.)
-
9. I have perfect pitch and I was told by my HS band teacher that I should get a job where I listen to and critique or judge people's music because I can listen and immediately hear who or what is off. I used to do it in band practice all the time and she always said I was right on.
-
10. I am afraid of the dark. I have 2 nightlights in my bedroom, and 1 in every other room in my house.
-
11. I am totally obsessed with Law and Order. It is my favorite show and if they came out with box sets of all the seasons, I would totally buy them.
-
12. John and I are in the middle of planning our move back to California, which will hopefully take place after the kids get out of school in May.
-
13. John and I started couples therapy, and the guy we're seeing is freakin' awesome. Even John loves him, which is really saying something.
-
14. I have to be in the mood for eggs or they make me gag. I think they're creepy.
-
15. I love reading. I get so into a book you could stand in front of me and yell and I wouldn't know you were there. I am also a super fast reader. I read Gone With the Wind in one day, and all the Twilight books in 2.
-
16. I absolutely love scrapbooking. I could do it for hours and not even know it. Sometimes when I can't sleep I will start scrapbooking and be up 'til like 4 in the morning.
-
17. Since I was little, I have wanted to work in the NICU. I hope to start taking some online classes and then go back full time when I finally have all my kids in school.
-
18. I remember almost everything from when I was little. I remember moving to a new house when I was 2, specific situations or conversations at school with my friends in AZ (where I lived til I was 9), what I wore my first day of school in California, etc. I even remember and feel the same emotions I felt when the memories occured when I think about them. My husband doesn't remember much from when he was little and thinks I'm a freak. (he's probably right.)
-
19. I wish my family members weren't so judgemental. All my life the one thing I have wanted more than anything has been to feel like my family supports me and is proud of me, but I don't believe that will ever happen.
-
20. I have been to 25 out of 50 states and 3 countries. I hope to someday make it to all 50, and several more countries.
-
21. My husband always is talking about wanting to go on vacation without the kids, but I am too afraid something will happen to us and my kids will end up orphans. (yes I'm extremely paranoid)
-
22. I am a MAJOR control freak.
-
23. Everyone I know thinks I am so outspoken and outgoing, but really I am VERY shy and insecure and just want people to be my friend.
-
24. I am totally jealous that Hailey and Brooklyn are taking ballet. I always wanted to dance, but when I was little we couldn't afford it and when we could afford it, I was too busy with band and flags.
-
25. When people comment on all my kids and wonder how I do it, I tell them I wonder the same thing. They think I'm kidding, but I'm not.
-
26. After my divorce, I found myself 23 and single with a 3 1/2 year old and a 4 month old. I swore that I was never going to have more kids (and even broke up with someone I was engaged to that wanted lots of kids). Then, 2 weeks before I turned 25, I married someone that had 3 kids and immediately got pregnant. Oh, the irony!
-
27. I don't really like other people's kids, but I do daycare 3 days a week so I can make money while I stay home with mine.
-
28. Someday I want to be in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
-
29. I like to impress my kids with my mad swing flag skills. (what can I say? I miss it and they're easily impressed. haha!).

2 comments:

David and Kendra Nielson said...

You guys are planning on moving back to CA? I thought you loved UT? Do tell. I need more info! =)

Denise Wilson said...

I was gonna comment on the same thing as David & Kendra! I am in the middle of watching the AI auditions that took place in UT and thinking what a beautiful place... details please! :)