Friday, January 9, 2009

Random Things From Today

Today I added 2 new kids to my daycare roll, for a total of 4. They are 2 year old boy/girl twins. Totally adorable and Amelia was excited to have them over today. They start coming on Tuesday. I currently do daycare M, T, Th for the 2 brothers I watch (2 yrs. and 4 mo.) so now on Tues. and Thurs. I will have an extra 2 toddlers, for a total of 4 (counting Amelia). That should be busy! I am glad to have the extra income though. I would like to enroll the boys in something. I had been thinking karate, but it is so expensive. About $75 a pop, which is a lot times 3 boys! Maybe I will do soccer or baseball in the spring. I also want to sign the older 3 up for piano lessons. One of the ladies in the ward is really good and has been teaching forever and said that she would do the 3 of them for $100 a month, which is a bargain if I ever heard one! I'm also saving most of the money I am earning for when I finish my song writing and am ready to record my demo. I have written one song with melody and lyrics, and have a couple others in the works. I think my birthday present to myself next month will be guitar lessons. I think it will make my song writing flow more easily and that way my guitar isn't just sitting in the closet gathering dust.
-
I was finally able to make eye appts. for me and the 3 big kids. I have been wearing my glasses for a couple months now because I am down to one right eye contact - not too helpful. Tyler and Austin need glasses to replace the ones the broke and I haven't been able to replace until now (our insurance just added a vision plan). Hailey definitely needs glasses. She is squinting 24 hours a day. I got my first glasses when I was 9, so not too surprising.
-
I am totally excited that tomorrow Trent (my neighbor) is coming over and he and John are going to finish my office and playroom. My office is almost done and I told John he needs to get the playroom finished because I am taking on 2 more kids (the twins I met with today) and seeing about a couple other kids (that I would have for only a couple hours on Wed. and Fri. which are currently my days off). We have lived here since June and still, most of the toys are in the garage all packed up. I can't wait to get the playroom finished and get all the toys unpacked and put away so the kids can play with them.
-
Well I better go. I need to go figure out dinner and go check on children that are supposed to be doing their daily reading, but judging from the noise and playing, are totally not reading.

No comments: